£9 to £10 Per Hour
Temporary to permanent
Rewarding role for a Teaching Assistant (LSA, Learning Support Assistant) for a busy, multi-cultural secondary school.
We are urgently seeking two LSAs who have the ability to motivate and help secondary school children on a one-to-one basis to achieve their goals in keeping in step with their peers.
- To complement teachers’ delivery of the curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, students and school policies and strategies.
- To work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
- To provide learning support for students, the teacher and the Academy in order to raise standards of achievement for all, by utilising knowledge and skills when assisting with planning and to encourage students to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of students in all aspects of Academy life.
- To work with Access staff on transition support for the curriculum, working with middle schools in supporting students with the studies alongside teaching staff
Your duties will include:
- Teaching and Learning
- Working with students, providing one to one support and to assist learning.
- Provide detailed verbal and written feedback on lesson content, student responses to learning activities and student behaviour, to teachers and students.
- Motivate and progress students’ learning by using clearly structured, interesting teaching and learning activities.
- Be familiar with lesson plans, IEP targets, BSPs and learning objectives.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Promote and support the inclusion of all students, including those with special educational needs, both in learning activities and within the classroom.
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the Academy’s policy and procedures, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others.
- Organise and safely manage the appropriate learning environment and resources
- Promote and reinforce student’s self-esteem and independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Assist the class teacher in encouraging acceptance and integration of students with special educational needs.
- Support the role of parents in students’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback on student progress, achievement and behaviour, maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality at all time
Milestones will be gradual and small, so a can-do, fun but firm, patient and highly motivating personalty is key to the success in this role
We would also like to hear from applicants for whom English is not a first language as you will be able to support students in a similar situation.
A good grasp of grammar and written and spoken english literacy and mathematics are essential.
Must be prepared to undergo DBS enchanced clearance.
Don't delay, APPLY TODAY.
Immediate starts for the right candidates
£9-10.00/hour + holiday pay.
Temporary ongoing, approx 6-8 weeks in the first instance, with the possibilty of being offered the role on a permanent basis.
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the recruitment business on this temporary to permanent vacancy.