£80,000 to £90,000 Per Annum
Software System Development Manager
Working in a very niche industry, this role will be a hybrid of "hands on" and managing a development team.
The purpose of the role is to manage a System Development team of 8, in ensuring it meets its deliverables; lead innovation in development practices and strategy to up-hold efficiency and productivity. To support the successful development and deployment of system changes or new systems. To ensure the system and associated networks are maintained and resilient to cyber-attacks.
Your duties will include:
- Management of Development Team, development output quality, standards and processes
- Management of all applications development life cycle.
- Manage technical projects, ensure Security policies are in place and adhered to and that penetration tests are carried out.
- Provide technical & operational support for all applications and associated software.
- Assist in design of both hardware infrastructure and software architecture.
- Prepare and propose budget for development team and any other projects where directed by senior management.
- Liaise with various external companies/groups and government bodies regarding changes to the system and support requests.
- Be the escalation point for all matters related to software development and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the Development Team.
- Approve Change Requests and Manage the allocation of Development activities.
- Liaise with the Solutions Architect on System projects.
- Monitor all Development activities, identify areas of improvement and implement steps required to enhance the Development process.
- As development Team Line Manager, lead by example, motivate and encourage team members
In terms of the technical spec:
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Have strong technical and coding skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience managing system development departments, managing large and complex activities and processes, and handling conflict in a professional and effective manner.
- Proven track record in leadership of being able to motivate a team, recognise good talent and bring out the best out in each individual.
- Highly experienced in influencing and negotiation skills to seek management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Has been actively engaged in Software Development Lifecycles: Sequential (Waterfall / V model), Iterative (Agile) etc
Even BETTER if you tick any of these boxes...
- Has a good working knowledge of Software testing.
- . A good understanding of J2EE and Java.
- Working knowledge of VBScript.
- Experienced in internet-based technologies, including HTML/XML and web services.
- Working knowledge of IntelliJ IDE or similar integrated development environments.
- Awareness of Electronic Data Interchange methods (e.g. EDIFACT standards etc.).
- Familiarity of the Zengenti/Atlassian JIRA - Contensis Content Management and Change Logging product suites.
Please get in touch and send in an application ASAP to access a full job description and find out more.
Very nice company to work for, great location, including parking.
*Salary £80K-£90K + Comprehensive Bens
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the Agency on this Permanent Vacancy.