£60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
This is a remote opportunity for London and Dublin based applicants only.
A Senior Software Developer needed for a Software provider within a clinical trial environment aiming to improve efficiency and reduce error in the process of clinical trials. Customers include clinical research sites, hospitals, biotech and pharma.
You will be working in a startup environment where you will have the opportunity to work closely with customers and product team to deliver enhancements and build new products in an industry with a mission to improve the quality of human life.
Are a small, fast-growing startup company with a strong team of developers, a loyal customer base, and a highly regarded brand. the company culture emphasizes trust, teamwork, collaboration, learning, career growth, and fun! In our streamlined startup environment, nobody is just a developer. They all wear many hats, get to know their customers and business, and have opportunities to contribute broadly to the company mission. Their people are their most important asset.
You are an experienced and dedicated engineer who cares about your craft.You aren’t bound by specific tools and technology, and you feel confident picking up whatever skills you’ll need to get the job done.You are a good communicator, and you support your position with facts while maintaining an ability to compromise when necessary.You are committed to best practices, and you take personal ownership of the quality of your product.You enjoy collaboration, and thrive in a team environment where everyone is working towards a common goal.You enjoy getting to know your team on a personal level, and you love finding ways to have fun while doing your job!
• Be a contributor on a SCRUM team doing development and some devops work
• Develop and maintain functionality of SaaS applications hosted in the cloud
• Be available for Engineering needs during EU work hours for a US-based company
• Potentially contribute some time towards devops and infrastructure work
• Maintain and improve logging, monitoring and alerting services
• Take ownership to ensure the successful and timely resolution of issues
• Take on new technologies head-first, adopt them and master them without guidance
• Collaborate with product leadership and UX to understand the needs of the business
• Participate in agile backlog grooming and planning sessions
• Contribute to code review and design sessions
• Stay current with industry trends, and bring the best of these into our engineering practices
• 5+ years developing cloud-hosted SAAS applications running on Linux
• Strong knowledge of Java web technologies including Spring Boot and older frameworks
• Solid experience with relational databases
• Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
• Experience working in a CI/CD environment
• Understanding of scalability and performance concerns and strategies
• Ability to design extensible and maintainable software
• Comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts
• Excellent English language communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to work independently
• Ability to influence team as needed
• Self-motivated and proactive in terms of identifying and resolving problems
• Passionate about technology and staying current with industry trends
Salary £60K - £70K Exciting package to include Equity.
Due to the high volume of applications it may not be possible to respond to all.
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the agency on this Permanent role.
For further information on our data handling procedures, please refer to the PurplePower website.