£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
This is a unique opportunity to lead the data strategy in one of the UK’s flagship schools in West London. As Senior Data Manager, you will manage the existing team of data, attendance and admissions staff. Coordinating all systems and procedures relating to data capture, use and analysis in the school, setting an ambitious and intelligent strategy for data. Working closely with the Vice Principal to ensure all aspects of the academy timetabling and assessment systems work smoothly and accurately.
You will ensure other aspects of the school database, e.g. the behaviour and attendance modules, operate effectively. As Senior Data Manager, will will also provide training and guidance to senior and middle leaders and teaching and support staff as required to achieve the above.
- Lead, operate, maintain and develop the administration of admissions, MIS timetabling, attendance and student services.
- Ensure above is compliant with all statutory arrangements.
- Develop and implement a whole school improvement plan for data and the use of SIMS across the school year-on-year, covering all aspects of our current work: targets, assessments, behaviour reporting, attendance, admissions data, census etc.
- Work with the existing two members of the data team to execute this plan and lead on their performance management.
- Liaise with relevant members of the Local Authority, Head Office and other relevant external bodies.
- Develop the use of key systems such as 4 Matrix and ALPS Connect within the staff, with a particular focus on middle leaders.
- Where issues are occurring within the database - e.g. inaccuracies of student details - suggest and then implement strategic solutions to these.
- Create, share and refine on an ongoing basis the data reports and analysis the academy produces for governors, senior and middle leaders, teachers, the local authority and Ofsted.
- Reports to be produced both from SIMS and Excel.
- Provide strategic support to middle and senior leaders on how to access and analyse data within SIMS.Supporting the construction / scheduling of the school timetable.
- Lead the parent reporting from SIMS and other systems (e.g. ALPS) so that parents have regular, accurate and easily understandable reports on their child’s progress.
- Work closely with the IT Team to continue the ongoing integration of the school’s SIMS with other school software.
- Stay abreast of changes in national policy relating to examinations and assessment, including changes to DfE Performance Tables and national headline measures of student outcomes at KS2, 4 and 5.
- Track the progress of sub-groups of students (e.g. Pupil Premium, Higher Attaining) relative to national benchmarks and highlight the emergence of any gaps to managers in a timely way.
- Comparing and analysing staff predictions against outcomes in public examinations.
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance with all current legislative requirements, i.e. data protection, copyright and computer misuse etc., and advise staff, as appropriate.
- Understand the implications of Government policies and educational trends and developments.
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the academy priorities.
- To support the smooth running of the back office and administrative functions of the school by working collaboratively with other support staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by your Line Manager or the Principal.
- To be aware of and adhere to the Academy’s stated standards, policies, systems and procedures in relation to students, child protection, health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and data protection, personnel, financial management and ICT reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Do you have good leadership skills? Communication skills? Experience of a similar role in a shcool would be most beneficial but not strictly neccessary if you have the right transferrable skills.
*Atttractive remuneration on offer, salary of £40K-£50K + Comprehensive list of Benefits
Become an integral part of the running of this Ofsted's "Outstanding" Secondary School which is in the top 5% nationally for Key Stage 2 progress.
PurplePower is acting as the Recruitment Agency on this permanent vacancy.
For information on our Data Protection and Management Policy, please refer to the PurplePower Website.