£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Exciting opportunity to join a market leading expert in this Sector of Logistics and Shipping as part their QA test team for their home-grown extremely comprehensive web based system.
You will perform the role of QA System Tester within a small but dedicated QA System Test team, working closely with our solution design, development, database, deployment and UAT teams so as to provide a key contribution to the overall Quality Assurance process.
If you enjoy manual testing and also have some exposure to automated testing, this could be just the opportunity for you!
A desire to learn as well as being extremely technically able, an appreciation of good code, a great communicator with a genuine passion for testing is the personality we are after.
Great working environment as well as good company benefits, a positive, can-do approach will work well.
Core working hours are 9-4pm, 35 hour week worked 9-5 or 8-4, depending on preference.
A background of QA testing in a Fintech, Telecoms, HMRC, would be advantagous or a multimodal environment.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following qualificaions:
Educated to degree level or good 'A’ level standard or equivalent industry experienceBCS-ISTQB Foundation certification2 years’ experience performing System Testing/Quality Assurance functions
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ability to analyse data and system changes and document their impact on the testing task at hand (e.g. manual test procedures, smoke testing, automated test scripts, system design specification walkthroughs etc).
- Ensure the appropriate testing and monitoring tools/technologies are utilised and configured accordingly in order to comply with the test objectives/project team requirements
- Work closely and support the coordination effort of other QA team members
- Carry out work to an extremely high standard of quality independently or as part of a team
- Contribute to a positive and flexible working environment
- Regular reporting of progress and communication with line manager and colleagues
- Keen interest in the multimodal industry as a whole
- Experience in test automation, using Java & Selenium WebDriver or Hewlett Packard’s test automation tool Unified Functional Testing (previously known as Quick Test Professional
- )Experienced in JAVA / VBScript / T-SQL
- Strong, demonstrable background in a testing role
- Highly IT proficient and well-grounded in the practise of a Technical Tester, therefore advanced PC/Mobile/web-oriented skills are essential
- Enthusiastic approach to troubleshooting, strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills is a must as is being highly adept to change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be able to organise your work load independently, efficiently and productively
- To have a natural curiosity and be able to take a logical approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated and committed, perform tasks to an advanced standard
- Experienced in Software Development Lifecycles: Sequential (Waterfall / V model), Iterative (Agile) etc.
- Knowledge of system testing techniques including Static, Black Box and White Box
- Knowledge of defect tracking / configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian JIRA)An strong understanding of the software development and testing process
- Ability to work productively as part of a team and to build positive relationships with co-workers through knowledge sharing and exercising a friendly and helpful work-ethic
- Uphold the values and ethics of a professionally recognised System Tester by employing ISTQB best practices and techniques
- Expected to have a passion for furthering knowledge of the multimodal industry (shipping, logistics and port-related processes etc.)
- Maintain a vested interest in up-and-coming technologies and a technical expertise in the areas governing Quality Assurance as a whole
Don't DELAY, apply NOW!