£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Delivery of a high quality, single site ICT service provision to busy School in North London with a user base of circa 400 (staff and pupils). As Network Manager, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, security and compliance of all ICT services (which includes all networked services such as the telephones, smart phones, EntrySign entry system and photocopiers).
Your day to day duties will center around technical, management and compliance elements, such as:
Overall responsibility for the network infrastructure and related ICT service provision to users in the School.
Work as a team with the IT Technician, to provide ICT hardware and software support either bytelephone, remote access or visits, this will include hardware repairs and kit disposal; routinesystems, hardware and software maintenance; testing, installation and configuration of new hardware and software in a network environment.Manage ICT requirements and technical support on a day-to-day basis, dealing with a wide range of technical enquiries for PC’s and peer-to-peer networks, iPads, internet connections and email systems for all staff, telephone systems and photocopiers ensuring that reliable, efficient and effective ICT services are provided to all users of the School.
As the ideal candidate:
Do you have:
- Qualifications Recognised ICT Network qualification at minimum Level 4 or able to demonstrate significant experience in a similar role
- ITIL OR FITS Certified
- Microsoft Certified
- (MCSE or MCSA)
- Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and in person and able to communicate effectively
- with stakeholders at all levels
- Technical skills and best practice guidelines encompassing current versions of:
- Microsoft operating systems for desktops and servers
- Network management solutions
- Help desk software and reporting
- Physical network technologies including management of switching, routing and wireless network
- Working knowledge of Apple technologies e.g. iPads
- Working knowledge of anti-virus softwareKnowledge of SQL database backup procedures
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise,despite frequent interruptionsKnowledge of the current IT market, including new developments in hardware and software
- Knowledge of current IT legislation and licensing requirementsKnowledge of the vendors and technology currently in use within the School
As the IDEAL candidate:
- Experience Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an IT technical support environment
- Experience of working in an ICT Network Manager role or similar, managing a service provision with a 400+ user baseUnderstanding of ICT in an educational context
- Experience of using the vendors and technology
- Experience of leading a highly effective ICT team
- Experience of providing robust strategic ICT management information/reporting to Board levelExperience of project management and delivery management of contractors
- Experience of successfully supporting users, with varying levels of IT literacy
- Experience of working under strict confidentiality guidelines and in line with GDPR and Data Protection Regulations
- Experience of working in a team and able to work flexibly to manage the department and ensurecontinuity of service currently in use within the SchoolPRINCE2 Qualification
Hours of work
The normal hours of work for this position are 7:45am-4:15pm daily (1hr lunch break), although the post
holder will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of the School occasionally working outside of these hours.
Annual holiday entitlement-6 weeks paid holiday
Salary range of £35K-£40K
Please apply now for further information on the role.
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the agency on this permanent role.
For full info on our Data Policy, please refer to the PurplePower website.