£18,771 Per Annum
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated maintenance professional with a positive 'can do’ attitude and based in or near Bedford?
Our client, an Academy, is looking for an Estates Maintenance Assistant to support the Head of Estates & Facilities and the Estates Maintenance Supervisor with the general maintenance and security of premises to ensure safe, secure and clean environments.
- Undertake maintenance repairs and decorating.
- Operate the heating, lighting etc.
- Complete various health & safety checks including fire, COSHH, water hygiene, fire etc.
- Be proactive and enthusiastic in undertaking training to improve and enhance skills.
- Occasionally act as a designated key holder for schools as directed.
- Prevent unauthorised/unsafe parking on school sites.
- Provide access to premises and arrange emergency repairs out of school hours.Undertake risk assessments before commencing any works.
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with schedules.
- Assist the Head Teacher and Estates Maintenance Supervisor with the operation of school alarm systems and fire evacuation procedures.
- Oversee onsite contractors, checking that work has been completed to required standards.
- Undertake cleaning and supervision of cleaners as required.
- Assist with the setup of equipment and furniture for school events, including examinations.
- Occasionally assist as required with the supervision of various school and community letting events which sometimes may be held during the evening or weekends.
- Store allocated equipment and chemicals safely and securely.
- Assist with deep-cleaning and maintenance programmes during school closure periods.
- Assist with the operation of the minibus fleet including keeping them clean. As required act as a minibus driver as part of a weekly rota, including school trips.
- Comply with environmentally friendly practices and policies, including energy conservation and recycling.
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year, 8am - 4pm
Salary: £18,771 to start ASAP
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the recruitment agency on this permanent role.
For full terms on our applicant data policy in compliance with GDPR laws, please see the PurplePower website.