Electronics Engineer, Engineering, IT, Mechanical Engineer
£18,000 to £25,000 Per Annum
Bury St Edmunds
Our client, a leading expert in the production of complete, bespoke, automated solutions for many industries including special purpose food processing seeks to appoint a Junior Controls Engineer, either with some experience or an Electronics and or Mechanical Engineering graduate with a desire to break into Controls Engineering and a willingness to learn.
As Junior Controls Engineer, your will LEARN how to:
- PLC Programming / HMI Software / Control Panels / Testing / Installation / Commissioning Developing and producing PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment
- Produce machine test specificationsTest equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning
- Customer Services in the office and on site
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes
- To provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required
You, as the Ideal Junior Controls Engineer:
- Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Some knowlege of or experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, on-site training will be provided
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications, training provided
This is a great opportunity to learn from the ground up all the processes and procedures in Controls Engineering for the manufacturing and food production such as brewery industries. Good opportunity to progress within the business with good earning potential and the ability to work from home office partially.
PurplePower is acting as the agency on this permanent opportunity.