£33,000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity for an IT Team Manager at this exceptional school has come up. Small, busy team of 4, you will have three people reporting to you but this role will also be quite "hands on"
Salary circa £33,332 to £38,312K Full time - 36 hours per week - 52 weeks per year
To oversee the school’s IT infrastructure and technical operations. The role focuses on both classroom and business systems and services. Also development, management and operation of the school’s approved systems.
- To take a lead role in technical support for all IT Users and the strategic development of IT within the School, ensuring that a safe, effective IT resource for use by pupils and staff is delivered.
- To maintain an overall view of the capabilities of the school’s IT service and contribute to network, software, website and equipment.
- To support IT development in the classrooms and throughout the school, ensuring that all staff are confident in the liability and use of IT.
- To maintain IT hardware, software, systems and consumables.
- To ensure that the school meets legal and contractual obligations relating to IT resources, systems, services and usage.
- Maintain relevant IT policies and guidelines, ensuring that all IT users follow appropriate practice.
- To analyse risks to key IT systems and agree priorities; maintain and regularly review contingency plans for whole-school IT systems and agree priorities; maintain and regularly review contingency plans for whole-school IT systems and for technical support.
- Liaise with external bodies, IT advisers, contractors and service providers in the provision of an effective and efficient IT service.
- To lead the IT team to provide technical support and assistance and assist senior colleagues with their duties.
The ideal candidate;
- Knowledge and understanding of legal and moral frameworks relating to IT in an educational context
- Understanding and knowledge of LAN management (in enterprise/business environment
- )Managing MS Active Directory, including users and group policies G Suite for Education and its use in the classroom
- Managing switches including VLAN configurationPC imaging, DNS, DHCP, updates, anti-virus etc
- Synchronisation of user provisioning
- Project management for planning and implementing new systems or infrastructure changes.
- Experience of analysing log files
- Experience of using a CMS for website management including anunderstanding of website structure and design (HTML not necessary)
- Knowledge of iMacs for creative/media useKnowledge of LAN monitoring and support systems
- Experience in managing significant budgets
If you are technically savvy and also have good leadership, mentoring and coaching skills, look no further, apply today!
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the recruitment agency on this permanent vacancy. Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to contact each applicant.
By applying to this role, you are sending your data to PurplePower Recruitment. This is stored by us on our system and only used to get in touch with you regarding this role or others which may be suitable. You can ask to be removed from our system at any time.