£32,000 to £42,000 Per Annum
Love working in an IT School Environment? Terrific troubleshooting skills? Good technical ability and also great communication skills?
We have the perfect role for you! We are seeking an IT Systems Manager to work in a prestigious independent school in Greater London.
As the IT Systems Manager, you will be responsible for supporting, monitoring, maintaining and managing a wide range of technical systems associated with the school’s IT infrastructure. Working in a small team, you will also be expected to assist with end-user support when required, so good communication and enthusiasm for customer service will be crucial.
As the IDEAL person for the role, you will have at least 2-3 years' experience of working in a school environment, and this role would suit either a skilled IT Technician looking to progress their career, or an experienced Systems Manager wishing to pursue a new challenge.
Full job spec will be provided on application but a quick check list:
- Be able to solve technical problems independently.
- Be able to act proactively and work under their own initiative.
- Have a thorough understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and desktop systems
- .Virtualisation technologies, in particular VMWare.
- Cloud technologies, in particular Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Familiar with the concept and operation of structured network technologies.
- Familiar with desktop imaging technologies and able to manage desktopsoftware delivery.
- Familiar with the installation and workings of interactive whiteboard and AV technologies.
- Able to manage and maintain user accounts and security assignments.
- Familiar with printer management tools and programs.
- Able to manage internet security, profiles, access plans.
- Able to install software/hardware/peripherals/AV equipment.
- Familiar with remote desktop environments.
*Competive salary on offer of up to £42,000, excellent working conditions and generous benefits, including 30 days' annual leave plus bank holidays.*
- This role is for 52 weeks a year with 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. Holiday must be taken during school holidays and 5 days must be taken during the Christmas closure period.
- Hours of work are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch
- Interest free travel and computer purchase loans are available.
- The Trust offers a generous Stakeholder Pension Scheme (13.5% employer contribution after probation
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required of the successful applicant as well as other safeguarding checks including references.
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the recruitment agency on this permanent vacancy.