Exciting Opportunity for an IT Manager/IT Director to help design and define the architecture for futureproofing this high-growth private sector company.
As IT Director you would report to the Managing Director, and you will oversee the use of technology throughout the European business operations, leading the IT team and setting the direction to support the strategic needs of the business in multiple locations.
If you are looking for a fun and challenging role in a successful, fast growing and expanding global market-leading business, this could be just the ticket!
As IT Director, you witll be based in West Suffolk, close to Newmarket and Cambridge but also have 2 days in the London office.
- As a member of the European senior management team, influence and set the direction for the IT roadmap to support the overall strategic direction of the European business, regularly liaising with business leaders in the company
- Leading an internal IT team and various external resources in multiple locations, taking responsibility for development, deployment and maintenance of all organizational IT systems, including operating systems, servers, PCs, software, hardware, telephones, websites, email and other IT services across the companies’ business locations
- Taking responsibility for IT staff recruitment, training, guidance and communication
- Initiate, lead and be accountable for project management across the European business ensuring that project teams are aligned to meet commercial objectives
- Working with staff across departments to help develop plans to support business development, best practice, training, user effectiveness and encourage innovation
- Plan, manage and track the spend and resources within the approved IT budget
- Oversee data compliance, storage and security in our various business environments including ecommerce, retail and within other technology infrastructures
- Contribute, manage and lead aspects of the company’s global digital content delivery programs in various locations
- Negotiate with suppliers of hardware and software to get best deals
- Keeping up-to-date with technology developments, advising and communicating within the business
As the IDEAL candidate:
- Ideally, circa 10 years of experience in managing IT functions or departments, preferably within a manufacturing, distribution or retail environment(s) with at least 5 years in an advanced management role
- Experience of working for one company in multiple office locations would be most beneficial
- Excellent communicator with the ability to speak to non-technicial audiences
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- An analytical thinker with ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV is beneficial
- The ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines
- Degree level preferred or equivalent education and experience with other recognized IT qualifications
Competitive SALARY is on offer as well as a discretionary bonus program.