£28,704 to £30,000 Per Annum
ICT Technican required in a busy secondary school starting ASAP.
You will support the ICT Systems Manager in providing a comprehensive and responsive technical ICT support service for all schools. You will be maintaining an ICT infrastructure that is secure, reliable, robust and resilient and supports all aspects of teaching and learning, along with operational and administrative support, across each school and department within the school trust.
To provide technical expertise in order to identify and resolve ICT issues.
To provide technical input and support for ICT projects across the Trust, including setup work for academies joining the Trust’s infrastructure.
To work collaboratively with all staff and parents/carers in order to support student well-being and promote the values of the the school.
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Support the ICT Systems Manager to ensure secure ICT service availability for both internal and external access to Trust networks.
- Provide the day to day 1st and 2nd line technical support for the Trust’s centralised ICT network.
- Manage efficient and timely responses to requests made to the IT Helpdesk. In addition to remotely resolving issues and requests reported to the IT Helpdesk, regular visits will be scheduled to Trust sites to repair and resolve ICT issues and to undertake routine maintenance, upgrade and support tasks.
- Support for the Trust’s centralised ICT network includes, but is not limited to,:
- End User Devices (workstations, tablets, laptops, AV, interactive whiteboards)
- Wired and wireless infrastructure
- Servers and services
- Email system and internet access
- Administration of user permissions/access rights
- Software, applications and licenses
- Storage and management of data including back-up and recovery
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
Good technical knowledge of network operating systems
Good technical knowledge of modern Windows and Mac client and server based operating systems
Good knowledge and experience in supporting Active Directory based networks
Good knowledge of Windows OS Deployment, Application deployment (MSI installers, Scripts), Windows Updates and Anti-Virus management on large networks (500+ devices).
Experience and knowledge of VLANs.
Experience and knowledge of wireless networks
Experience with at least one of the following systems: Microsoft Exchange
2010, 2013 and/or Exchange Online
Understanding of SQL.
Good knowledge and experience of education focused web filtering system.
Knowledge of remote access systems such MS Remote Desktop Services, VDI and VPNs.
General understanding of VoIP telephone systems
Experience of hosting websites & public DNS management.
Knowledge of general server backups (physical & virtual) with software such as Windows Server Backup, Backup Exec, Veeam etc.
Good knowledge and experience of supporting, updating and using MIS
systems such as Capita SIMS.
A recognised IT qualification or working towards one.
Understanding of networking fundamentals
Knowledge of supporting network switches
Setting up and supporting servers with virtualisation software, supporting virtual machines and set up of templates and the deployment of them.
Knowledge of converting physical servers to virtual machines and migrating virtual machines to other virtualisation platforms.
Experience of either Office 365 or Google Apps
*Previous IT support in a school environment would be most beneficial
*Possess a full driving licence and have use of a vehicle for business purposes and appropriate insurance
Great, frendly but fast-paced working environment.
Salary £28,704 + bens
The successful applicant will need to undergo a DBS clearance if not in posession of one already. *Immediate Start for the right person*
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the Recruitment agency on this permanent assignment.