£19,000 to £21,000 Per Annum
Fixed Term Contract
This role is like a Technical Courier. Our client specialise in fixing customer chip and pin devices and EPOS devices in retail environments.
*This will be a 3 month fixed term contract initally with immediate start*
The work is based on the customers sites and involves driving to various sites daily to perform the replacement and swap out of customer retail IT devices. The work is scheduled for 5 days in any 7 and will involve working 1 weekend in 3. Typically calls will be scheduled between 9am and 5pm.
You will be working for a medium sized company who are growing and very much run as a family type of environment. A good employer with happy employees.
As Field Service Engineer/Technician, your role will involve:
- Providing on-site swap out services ensuring adherence to Customer contract commitments.
- Providing a professional approach to all customers and adhering to all on-site and local escalation procedures.
- Collection of all parts as necessary to complete installations, from the nearest courier drop/depot.
- Ensuring all van stock is maintained and regularly audited.
- Ensuring the process and procedures for all parts whether broken, needing repair, or returning are strictly followed.
- Carrying out any project support and installation work as required by the business
- Ensuring that use of Project Job allocation product is used for all calls and time recording.
- All paperwork to be completed exactly to customer requirements.
As the ideal candidate:
- A cheerful, helpful disposition as well as the ability to learn quickly
- Enjoy being independent and can manage your time well
- Technically able
- Experience of running diagnostics on EPOS systems, some idea of repair and technically troubleshooting, though training will be given and most of the role involves straight swapping like for like parts
- Organised and committed to getting the job done well
- Good IT skills
- Love driving as the role requires significant driving
Phone and fuel card will be provided as well as Parking charges paid and overtime available
Salary Full Time Equivalent-£19K-£21K
PurplePower recruitment are acting as the agency on this permanent vacancy