£33,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Exciting opportunity for a Junior Developer/Database Administrator at this prestigious school in South West London.
Salary - circa £35K Full time - Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- To assist the Developer with projects to create new in-house applications and services
- To maintain and support existing in-house applications;
- To help interpret user requirements, provide recommendations and documentation for proposed solutions;
- To assist with the development and implementation of new software systems that integrate with school systems, particularly the MIS and other databases
- To write code for applications as directed by the Developer or Director of IT;
- To support and train staff in the use of the school’s MIS system and to deal with support calls raised either by phone, email or through the ticketing system
- To administer and support 3rd party services that require data from the MIS database;
- To document usage, issues and events to provide an audit trail of the system, including any 3rd party companies that are involved;
- To assist with any updates to software that interacts with the databases;
- To assist with the execution of the data retention/destruction strategy.
The ideal candidate;
- Experience in working in a similar technical role
- Experience of using/supporting MIS systems
- Experience of MSSQL and MySQLExperience of HTML, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience of Windows 10
- Experience of SVN or GIT version control
- Experience of .NET
- Experience of Powershell
- Experience of SharePoint development
- Experience of PHP – OO code, not framework
- Experience of VBS/VB6
- Experience of data integration between separate products
- Experience of SchoolBase, Razor’s Edge, Chris21 or similar
- Experience of Webservers (IIS, Apache)#
Occasional evenings & weekends may need to be worked to cover events and functions - it will be agreed in advance of each event whether this will be covered by taking time off in lieu or via paid overtime.
25 days’ holiday plus public holidays – 33 days in totalSchool lunches are provided free during term-timeContributory support staff pension scheme A programme of health benefits is also offered by the school
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the agency on this Permanent Opportunity.
By applying to this role, you are sending your data to PurplePower Recruitment. This is stored by us on our system and only used to get in touch with you regarding this role or others which may be suitable. You can ask to be removed from our system at any time.