£15 to £20 Per Hour
Data Manager-Schools, London
Urgently seeking a talented Data Manager with MIS background for a school group which prides itself on having a sector-leading approach to information systems and data analysis. With 37 schools currently open and several more under development, we are looking to appoint a highly capable, well-organised and enthusiastic Data Manager to work across a number of schools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection, organisation, input, analysis, presentation and distribution of data relating to pupil attainment and progress. Bespoke training will also be provided on how to support a range of data tools, cutting edge visualisation tools, and other powerful analytics tools that have been developed in-house.
This is a fantastic opportunity, for an enthusiastic and ambitious School Data Manager/Analyst looking to grow in their career, to join our talented data and systems team.
Length of post: Immediate Start-Temp to Perm £15-£20/hour + holiday, full time Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience) + 11% pension contribution
Location: Up to four School locations, with one day per week in Central London office
Accountable to: System Support Manager
Purpose of the role
Outstanding management of data can make a significant difference in schools and to the lives of young people. The successful candidate will therefore provide the Schools with effective remote and on-site delivery by carrying out a range of information management functions to support school leaders and teachers to take informed decisions. This includes the effective management of all core data for the school which relates to students and is stored within the school management information system or our own proprietary data system. The appointed person would ensure the integrity and quality of data held throughout the year across up to four schools, ensuring that analysis and insights from the data are accurate.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience with a range of school Management Information Systems (MIS), ideally Bromcom
- Worked in a remote support role
- Used MS Teams extensively
- Be highly numerate with a keen attention to detail
- Willing to travel regularly between Schools as required for the role
- Be aligned with the Schools' vision and values
- Provide on-site routine support to schools
- Develop and manage all aspects of the school MIS, including effective day-to-day operation of the MIS and associated data systems.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of the data held within the MIS and associated data systems.
- Support in-school colleagues in the use of the MIS and associated data systems, in order to develop capacity within the school.
- Support school leaders by utilising tools to develop annual curriculum planning, timetabling and teaching group management tasks.
- Support school leaders and teachers around key assessment cycle tasks, including data entry and reporting.
Provide ad-hoc data services to school
Ideal Knowledge and experience
Extensive experience with a range of school Management Information Systems (MIS), or be a highly skilled data/information management graduate.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate high levels of numeracy
Experience of any of the following would be highly advantageous:
- Have an interest in data management and analysis, particularly in the Education Sector
- High attention to detail
- The ability to skilfully manage and maintain effective working relationships
- Be able to communicate on a technical level with other IT professionals, and in non-technical terms to academic colleagues
- Hard working, conscientious and accurate
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work with minimum supervision
- Approachable, calm and caring
- Passion, resilience and optimism to lead through day-to-day challenges
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to take personal responsibility, a readiness to reflect and self-evaluate and the ability to change, improve and develop
- Confidence and self-motivation
PurplePower Recruitment is acting as the Recruitment Business on this Temporary to Permananent Opportunity.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.