£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Bury St Edmunds
Our client, a leading expert in the production of complete, bespoke, automated solutions for many industries including special purpose food processing seeks to appoint a Controls Engineer who can work independently to design, test and commission control systems.
As Controls Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- PLC Programming / HMI Software / Control Panels / Testing / Installation / Commissioning Developing and producing PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment
- Produce machine test specificationsTest equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning
- Customer Services in the office and on site Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes
- To provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required
You, as the Ideal Controls Engineer:
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications
- Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage
- Ideally, Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
PurplePower is acting as the agency on this permanent opportunity.