£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Cloud Software Engineer-Back End
We are seeking a talented Cloud Software Engineer for a dynamic and cutting-edge Biotech company with close affiliation to Cambridge University.
You will play a leading role in the development of our client’s software services and develop one of the core pillars of the software. You will demonstrate a strong problem-solving mindset and work closely with other members of the software team, and colleagues in the wider organisation, writing code to develop cloud and web services.
As Cloud Software Engineer, reporting to the Head of Software, you will be specifically responsible for implementing the back end of the cloud application focusing back-end capability and the relevant business logic.
Ideally, you are all over this:
- Hands on AWS or Azure skills covering VPC, Security Group and Networking.
- Good understanding of microservices using Docker, event-driven architecture, web security architecture, REST APIs, and other architectural leading patterns
- Knowledge of building and operating microservices
- Automated testing & testing methodologies.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions.
- Experience in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on usability, security, availability, reliability and automation
- A high-level of competence, integrity and communication
Nice to haves
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience working with Terraform and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code using Terraform, AWS CFN or Azure ARM
- Experience with setting up webservers like Apache, IIS, Nginx
- RDBMS skills
Competitive salary, £50-£60K + Comprehensive Benefits, such as:
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Well-being initiatives
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
The successful candidate will be eligible to work in the UK
This role can be worked remotely within the UK
If this sounds like you, please get in touch ASAP
Don’t delay, apply NOW to find out more about this Cloud Software Engineer-Back End role.
PurplePower is the agency on this permanent, Cloud Software Engineer-Back End role.