£45,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Cloud Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Salary – £45K - £50K
Lincoln and Home Working
37 hours per week
Our client, a leading utilities company’s goal is to exceed customer expectations whilst embracing new technology to drive digital transformation; better connecting customers, people, assets and information.
As part of this transformation a number of new and exciting roles within the Infrastructure Service team are emerging.
What will you be doing?
As Cloud Operations Engineer, you will take a leading role with the maintenance and technical aspects of Cloud Infrastructure services through templating Infrastructure as Code (IaC). The role will be influential in the Governance processes to ensure the appropriate policies; processes and procedure are in place and being adopted. As part of the Service Operations team you will maintain a relentless focus on service excellence, customer service and service improvement with particular reference to Cloud Infrastructure Services.
You will help deliver faster and higher quality products through:
- Development and maintenance of CI/CD pipeline configurations
- The implementation and improvement of CI/CD processes, pipelines and principles
- Working closely with the DevOps Squads and their project managers/scrum masters to manage the promotion of products through the environments to live
- Build, support and evolution of the platform under the guidance of the platform architect and working alongside the framework engineer
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work with the Core Systems; Service Delivery partners; Digital Services; project teams and architect functions to review service & support requirements for any new or changing Cloud service being delivered. You will then own the assurance of the implementation of the new service and support models and handover into the live ‘run’ service. In addition to this you will ensure the reliable, efficient, effective and secure operation of the two datacentres hosting business critical applications.
As the ideal Cloud Operations Engineer, what do you need?
- Knowledge of Microsoft Certified in Azure DevOps or significant hands-on experience of development and optimisation in a similar role
- Significant experience in IT Service Management and IT End User Support
- Strong exposure to Azure cloud platform & implementing cloud infrastructure components
- Experience of building, maintaining and executing CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Activity Directory, Azure Advisor and Log Analytics
- Experience in Change and Release Management
- Experience of supporting physical infrastructure services
- Experience of automating processes
Competitive salary, £45K - £50K per annum + a comprehensive list of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
Don’t delay, apply NOW to find out more about this Cloud Operations Engineering role.
PurplePower is the agency on this permanent, Cloud Operations Engineer (DevOps) role.